Compliance Support Officer
Akoni is a market leading cash platform and marketplace, providing a white label solution to wealth
managers/IFAs, wealth platforms and other retail and SME channel partners for their clients. Akoni
is FCA authorised, working with various banks including Barclays, Clydesdale, Aldermore, Arbuthnot
etc. We provide an API first solution as well as a portal for our distribution partners, and our
innovation and technology is widely recognised and featured in The Banker, Forbes and Bureau van
Dijk's Data Innovation and selected as one of the top 100 Most Influential Fintech Companies 2018.
The platform is simple in terms of the proposition – addressing risk/regulatory requirements, as well
as benefits to clients across a range of holistic financial wellness relating to cash, including for clients
targeting cash and digital solutions for inter-generational wealth transfers.
We are seeking an additional new energetic and driven senior team member to join our fintech,
renowned for innovation. The role is Compliance Support Officer.
Purpose of the Role
This role has been created to provide the Senior Management and the Board of Akoni Hub Limited with the regulatory guidance necessary to discharge their regulatory responsibilities in a safe and compliant manner.
- Interpretation of both FCA and HMRC regulations as they affect the Payments and MSB Sector
- Horizon scanning for the impact of new or revised legislation impacting the business
- Guidance around best practice and risk appetite in the Banking and Payments Sectors
- Assistance with the preparation and submission of Regulatory Returns
- Support with the preparation and implementation of a Compliance Monitoring Program
- Interpretation of the rules covering financial crime and the development and implementation of appropriate controls
- Input into amendments to product Terms and Conditions when necessary
- Support with the completion of Counterparty Due Diligence as and when required
- Attend occasional Board or Committee meeting to provide regulatory advice
This role is intended to be part-time/contract-based with the possibility to ramp up full time in the long term.
Send your CV with an introductory paragraph to email@example.com