Akoni is a market leading cash platform and marketplace, providing a white label solution to wealth managers/IFAs, wealth platforms and other retail and SME channel partners for their clients. Akoni is FCA authorised, working with various banks including Barclays, Metro, Aldermore, Arbuthnot, amongst others. We provide a branded portal solution for our IFA distribution partners as well as an API first solution. Our innovation and technology is widely recognised and featured in The Banker, Forbes and Bureau van Dijk's Data Innovation and selected as a Wealthtech of the year finalist and top 100 Most Influential Fintech Companies. The platform is simple in terms of the proposition – addressing risk/regulatory requirements, as well as benefits to clients across a range of holistic financial wellness relating to cash, including for clients targeting cash and digital solutions for inter-generational wealth transfers. We are seeking a new energetic and driven team member to join our fintech, renowned for innovation.
We are looking for a smart and enthusiastic Head of Finance to join us. Akoni is an exciting London-based financial technology (FinTech) start-up looking to change the way people manage their cash assets.
Brief outline of Roles and Responsibilities
• Accounting and financials - working with Payroll accountants, monthly Supplier Payments, Cashflow management, Closing of Month-end Accounts, working with VAT/YE Accountants for all entities, R&D etc, billing/invoicing of clients review with the Ops team.
• HR - working with our outsourced HR partners as applicable.
• Company secretarial - Board minutes, Board meeting coordination, liaise with Company Secretary for any Companies House notifications.
• Monthly Board financial and operational reporting of regulated entity, Quarterly board reports for Holdco.
• Legal – Work closely with lawyers and compliance on any legal and regulatory matters.
• Fundraising & Investor reporting.
• Regulatory – Submission of HMRC AML Supervision, FCA reporting, Data Protection/ICO.
• Banks and ongoing operational/ relationship management together with Head of banks and Ops team.
• Managing customer relations and onboarding of new clients together with the Ops team.
• Prepare monthly financial/ operational metrics monthly.
• Financial modelling for new propositions and forecasts , updating budget and investor updates Support CEO, updating pitches, other ad hoc tasks.
• Work with CTO/tech team on product updates and request, roadmap.
Please note, candidates must already have the right to work in the U.K. and must be
available for an immediate start and London-based for weekly office meetings .
Akoni is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. We encourage all applicants to apply for the role.
Please send your CV with an introductory paragraph as to the reason you fit the role to email@example.com