As of the 13th May, the government announced that they are taking steps to ease lockdown restrictions by allowing employees who cannot conduct their jobs from home, to return to work. Despite the controversy surrounding this decision, many companies will now be evaluating their remote working exit plans and figuring out how to ensure employee safety upon return to the office. Many executives will be questioning if it is necessary to return to the office and do employees need to return at all.
However for some, the easing of the lockdown and the lifting of the furlough scheme poses an even bigger threat. Many small business owners, especially those who work in hospitality are concerned about the state of their business upon return and in extreme cases, if they even have a business to return to.
With that being said, Akoni would like to reinforce our support for small businesses and is proud to be part of the Fintech SME taskforce, which is dedicated to ensuring that SMEs have access to the financial assistance they need during these uncertain times. To find what initiatives Akoni has implemented, click here.
Below are some support schemes in place, to assist with the continuity of SMEs who are currently struggling as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak:
- The Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS)- Here
- The Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan (BBLS)- Here
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme- Here
- Deferring Self Assessment payments on account- Here
- Statutory Sick Pay rebate- Here
- Self-Employment Income Support Scheme- Here
- Business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure- Here
- Small Business Grant Funding- Here
- Apply for the coronavirus Future Fund- Here
About Akoni: Akoni is an award-winning UK cash platform, which provides a marketplace to SMEs and charities, as well as to individuals through our white label distribution partners including IFAs, wealth platforms, accountants and SME hubs. Akoni uses innovative technology to personalise cash planning solutions for clients, and also provides a full API solution to banks and insurance clients.