Head of Banking Relationships
Akoni is a market leading cash platform and marketplace, providing a white label solution to wealth
managers/IFAs, wealth platforms and other retail and SME channel partners for their clients. Akoni
is FCA authorised, working with various banks including Barclays, Clydesdale, Aldermore, Arbuthnot
etc. We provide an API first solution as well as a portal for our distribution partners, and our
innovation and technology is widely recognised and featured in The Banker, Forbes and Bureau van
Dijk's Data Innovation and selected as one of the top 100 Most Influential Fintech Companies 2018.
The platform is simple in terms of the proposition – addressing risk/regulatory requirements, as well
as benefits to clients across a range of holistic financial wellness relating to cash, including for clients
targeting cash and digital solutions for inter-generational wealth transfers.
We are seeking an additional new energetic and driven senior team member to join our fintech,
renowned for innovation. The roles are focused on Business development of our Panel banks and
Akoni growth - exceptional Head of Banking Relationships to join the team. directly driving and the
company’s commercial growth and expansion.
Head of Banking Relationship: Business Development
We are seeking an experienced senior team member to join our fintech, renowned for innovation. Our exciting, high growth fintech company built on cutting edge technology provided by fewer than 20 companies globally, is currently searching for an exceptional Head of Business Development to join the team. This is an extremely important role which will work across our two crucial market segments; Wealth and Banks, and will contribute significantly to the growth and expansion plans we have in place.
Purpose of the Role
- Increase the number of panel banks offering products on Akoni’s platform
- Strengthen Akoni’s banking relationships
- Assist with business development and propositions relating to relationships with Akoni’s partners in the wealth and banking sector
- Development of key long-term partnerships with banks
- Growth of banking relationships and ongoing bank entertainment and relationship development
- Understanding and working with Propositions and Sales relating to Management and Delivery of Key Propositions to client, working closely with Sales, Propositions/ Relationship Manager and Product team
- Provide support relating to Key Client Propositions
- Oversee development of key Customer Success criteria framework and operational team to deliver on Customer Success in respect of bank relationships and client product requirements
- Management of key partner relationships and implementation of Akoni solutions
- Streamlining processes to ensure scalable operationally – working closely with Finance and Operations
- Working on the business model, together with the FD, to ensure core unit economics scale profitability and delivery of enterprise solutions work within the Akoni model. Assess bank products and fit with client base in this respect
- Delivery of key Bank relationship Customer Success procedures and processes and streamlining the operational support across all phases of the client interaction – from Sales on-boarding, to client delivery, management and prioritisation of client queries.
- You will help shape and oversee the Akoni bank systems, processes and people necessary to underpin the business operations and deliver to the forecast cash and operational requirements.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the business delivers on its promises to clients, and that ongoing bank and market feedback is always excellent.
- Review current and future thought leadership trends and key focal points for banks.
- The successful candidates core capability will be in financial services or fintech operations and technology, both in development and product management and particularly strengths relating to bank relationship growth
- Deep understanding of financial technology and software development, delivery and product management are crucial
- Experience in having the responsibility for mitigating risk and meeting all compliance & legal requirements
- Deep understanding of the Financial Services Sector and in particular banking requirements
- Strong Relationship experience
- 8-10 years’ experience In a similar, senior role
- University degree
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to develop other leaders
- Exceptional communication skills with a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Very data and process driven, financially knowledgeable and the ability to drive the growth
- Strong desire to learn new information and techniques in a constantly evolving field
- Attention to detail, strong sense of responsibility and a very high level of integrity
- Experience in scaling high growth tech companies preferred
- Core capability will be in fintech operations and technology, both in development and product management
- Deep understanding of financial technology and software development, delivery, project management disciplines are crucial to the sector.
- Proficiency in writing reports, proposal documents and use of all tools including Excel, Powerpoint and Word etc
Send your CV with an introductory paragraph to email@example.com