Head of Business Development: Wealth/IFA
Akoni is a market leading cash platform and marketplace, providing a white label solution to wealth managers/IFAs, wealth platforms and other retail and SME channel partners for their clients. Akoni is FCA authorised, working with various banks including Barclays, Clydesdale, Aldermore, Arbuthnot etc. We provide an API first solution as well as a portal for our distribution partners, and our innovation and technology is widely recognised and featured in The Banker, Forbes and Bureau van Dijk's Data Innovation and selected as one of the top 100 Most Influential Fintech Companies 2018. The platform is simple in terms of the proposition – addressing risk/regulatory requirements, as well as benefits to clients across a range of holistic financial wellness relating to cash, including for clients targeting cash and digital solutions for inter-generational wealth transfers. We are seeking two new energetic and driven senior team member to join our fintech, renowned for innovation. The roles are focused on Business development and customer acquisition - exceptional Head of Business Development and Engagement Manager to join the team, directly driving and the company’s commercial growth and expansion.
Purpose of the Role
- Increase Akoni’s client base and revenue from the Wealth sector
- Initiate, grow and manage relationships with Akoni’s partners in the wealth sector
- Increasing Akoni’s client base within the wealth sector by sourcing and qualifying leads including IFAs, wealth managers and platforms and software providers to the wealth sector. Leverage your own network of contacts, as well as inbound customer acquisition leads, to generate revenue.
- Work closely with the CEO and Head of Propositions to drive proposition and pre-sales work relevant to target software firms, platforms, IFA, wealth and asset management firms.
- Lead complex account processes from the identification stage to closing; lead pricing negotiations, facilitating product and expectation discussions, and ultimately securing a beneficial financial outcome for the business
- Develop Akoni’s profile within the wealth sector, working on thought leadership propositions with marketing and engagement
- Lead enterprise sales proposition for white label and API first solutions for banking and other large-scale FI clients.
- Managing the continued roll-out and future management of various wealth propositions, together with Operations and Product teams
- Oversee development of key Customer Success criteria and work with the operational team to deliver this in respect to client product requirements
- Develop the business model, to ensure core unit economics scale profitability and delivery of enterprise solutions work within the Akoni model.
- Help shape and oversee the processes and people necessary to underpin the business operations and deliver to the forecast cash and operational requirements.
- Ensure the business delivers on its promises to clients, and that ongoing market feedback is always excellent.
- Ensure pricing and model profitability and scalability, by working with Akoni’s core solution and services, together with Propositions, Operations, Product and Finance and Bank Relationships.
- Ensure that products and services are designed and implemented in line with the letter and spirit of regulation to ensure strong management of Conduct Risk
- Be a member of various professional and industry or regional organizations and attend conferences and relevant events to expand and maintain a large professional network, represent the company and gain exposure and insight.
Key Requirements (skills & experience)
- More than 8 years of experience of UK wealth management sector, ideally in a leadership position
- Energetic, collaborative, an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, growth environment that embraces agile and high growth environment. Have a strong network, able to attract and excite great connections and collaborators.
- Experience in negotiating distribution partnerships, including incentive systems and commissions
- Proven track record in driving and sourcing deals with key wealth sector contacts as well as completing and closing relevant client contracts
- Track record in closing deals
- Success in achieving and exceeding targets.
- Excited about the potential of digital solutions and innovative new products
- Outstanding communication skills towards external partners, and across all functions and all levels of the organisation.
- Management experience at a senior strategic level, including people leadership capabilities.
- Relevant professional or academic qualifications related to the sector.